Global Stock Option Grant Notice
(2021 Equity Incentive Plan)
Enovix Corporation (the “Company”), pursuant to its 2021 Equity Incentive Plan (the “Plan”), has granted to you (“Optionholder”) an option to purchase the number of shares of the Common Stock set forth below (the “Option”). Your Option is subject to all of the terms and conditions as set forth herein and in the Plan and the Global Stock Option Agreement, including any additional terms and conditions for your country set forth in the appendix thereto (the “Appendix and, together with the Global Stock Option Agreement, the “Agreement”), all of which are attached hereto and incorporated herein in their entirety. Capitalized terms not explicitly defined herein but defined in the Plan or the Agreement shall have the meanings set forth in the Plan or the Agreement, as applicable.
|Date of Grant:|
|Vesting Commencement Date:|
|Number of Shares of Common Stock Subject to Option:|
|Exercise Price (Per Share):|
|Total Exercise Price:|
|Type of Grant:||[Incentive Stock Option] OR [Nonstatutory Stock Option]|
|Exercise and |
|Subject to the Optionholder’s Continuous Service through each applicable vesting date, the Option will vest as follows:|
Optionholder Acknowledgements: By your signature below or by electronic acceptance or authentication in a form authorized by the Company, you understand and agree that:
|·||The Option is governed by this Global Stock Option Grant Notice, (the “Grant Notice”) and the provisions of the Plan and the Agreement, all of which are made a part of this document. Unless otherwise provided in the Plan, this Grant Notice and the Agreement (together, the “Option Agreement”) may not be modified, amended or revised except in a writing signed by you and a duly authorized officer of the Company.|
|·||If the Option is an Incentive Stock Option, it (plus other outstanding Incentive Stock Options granted to you) cannot be first exercisable for more than $100,000 in value (measured by exercise price) in any calendar year. Any excess over $100,000 is a Nonstatutory Stock Option.|
|·||You consent to receive this Grant Notice, the Agreement, the Plan, the Prospectus and any other Plan-related documents by electronic delivery and to participate in the Plan through an on-line or electronic system established and maintained by the Company or another third party designated by the Company.|
|·||You have read and are familiar with the provisions of the Plan, the Agreement, and the Prospectus. In the event of any conflict between the provisions in this Grant Notice, the Agreement, or the Prospectus and the terms of the Plan, the terms of the Plan shall control.|
|·||The Option Agreement sets forth the entire understanding between you and the Company regarding the acquisition of Common Stock and supersedes all prior oral and written agreements, promises and/or representations on that subject with the exception of other equity awards previously granted to you and any written employment agreement, offer letter, severance agreement, written severance plan or policy, or other written agreement between the Company and you in each case that specifies the terms that should govern this Option.|
|·||Counterparts may be delivered via facsimile, electronic mail (including pdf or any electronic signature complying with the U.S. federal ESIGN Act of 2000, Uniform Electronic Transactions Act or other applicable law) or other transmission method and any counterpart so delivered will be deemed to have been duly and validly delivered and be valid and effective for all purposes.|
2021 Equity Incentive Plan
Global Stock Option Agreement
As reflected by your Global Stock Option Grant Notice (“Grant Notice”) Enovix Corporation (the “Company”) has granted you an option under its 2021 Equity Incentive Plan (the “Plan”) to purchase a number of shares of Common Stock at the exercise price indicated in your Grant Notice (the “Option”). The terms of your Option as specified in the Grant Notice and this Global Stock Option Agreement, including any additional terms and conditions for your country set forth in the appendix hereto (the “Appendix” and, together with the Global Stock Option Agreement, the “Agreement”), constitute your Option Agreement. Capitalized terms not explicitly defined in this Agreement but defined in the Grant Notice or the Plan shall have the meanings set forth in the Grant Notice or Plan, as applicable.
The general terms and conditions applicable to your Option are as follows:
1. Governing Plan Document. Your Option is subject to all the provisions of the Plan. Your Option is further subject to all interpretations, amendments, rules and regulations, which may from time to time be promulgated and adopted pursuant to the Plan. In the event of any conflict between the Option Agreement and the provisions of the Plan, the provisions of the Plan shall control.
(a) You may generally exercise the vested portion of your Option for whole shares of Common Stock at any time during its term by delivery of payment of the exercise price and applicable withholding taxes and other required documentation to the Plan Administrator in accordance with the exercise procedures established by the Plan Administrator, which may include an electronic submission. Please review the Plan, which may restrict or prohibit your ability to exercise your Option during certain periods.
(b) To the extent permitted by Applicable Law, you may pay your Option exercise price as follows:
(i) cash, check, bank draft or money order;
(ii) subject to Applicable Law and Company and/or Committee consent at the time of exercise, pursuant to a “cashless exercise” program as further described in the Plan if at the time of exercise the Common Stock is publicly traded;
(iii) subject to Company and/or Committee consent at the time of exercise, by delivery of previously owned shares of Common Stock as further described in the Plan; or
(iv) subject to Applicable Law and Company and/or Committee consent at the time of exercise, if the Option is a Nonstatutory Stock Option, by a “net exercise” arrangement as further described in the Plan.
3. Term. You may not exercise your Option before the commencement of its term or after its term expires. The term of your option commences on the Date of Grant and expires upon the earliest of the following:
(a) immediately upon the termination of your Continuous Service for Cause;
(b) three months after the termination of your Continuous Service for any reason other than Cause, Disability or death;
(c) 12 months after the termination of your Continuous Service due to your Disability;
(d) 18 months after your death if you die during your Continuous Service;
(e) immediately upon a Corporate Transaction if the Board has determined that the Option will terminate in connection with a Corporate Transaction,
(f) the Expiration Date indicated in your Grant Notice; or
(g) the day before the 10th anniversary of the Date of Grant.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you die during the period provided in Section 3(b) or 3(c) above, the term of your Option shall not expire until the earlier of (i) eighteen months after your death, (ii) upon any termination of the Option in connection with a Corporate Transaction, (iii) the Expiration Date indicated in your Grant Notice, or (iv) the day before the tenth anniversary of the Date of Grant. Additionally, the Post-Termination Exercise Period of your Option may be extended as provided in the Plan.
To obtain the federal income tax advantages associated with an Incentive Stock Option, the Code requires that at all times beginning on the date of grant of your Option and ending on the day three months before the date of your Option’s exercise, you must be an employee of the Company or an Affiliate, except in the event of your death or Disability. If the Company provides for the extended exercisability of your Option under certain circumstances for your benefit, your Option will not necessarily be treated as an Incentive Stock Option if you exercise your Option more than three months after the date your employment terminates.
4. Responsibility for Taxes.
(a) Regardless of any action taken by the Company or, if different, the Affiliate to which you provide Continuous Service (the “Service Recipient”) with respect to any income tax, social insurance, payroll tax, fringe benefits tax, payment on account, or other tax-related items associated with the grant, vesting or exercise of the Option or sale of the underlying Common Stock or other tax-related items related to your participation in the Plan and legally applicable or deemed applicable to you (the “Tax Liability”), you hereby acknowledge and agree that the Tax Liability is your ultimate responsibility and may exceed the amount, if any, actually withheld by the Company or the Service Recipient. You further acknowledge that the Company and the Service Recipient (i) make no representations or undertakings regarding any Tax Liability in connection with any aspect of this Option, including, but not limited to, the grant, vesting or exercise of the Option, the issuance of Common Stock pursuant to such exercise, the subsequent sale of shares of Common Stock, and the payment of any dividends on the shares; and (ii) do not commit to and are under no obligation to structure the terms of the grant or any aspect of the Option to reduce or eliminate your Tax Liability or achieve a particular tax result. Further, if you are subject to Tax Liability in more than one jurisdiction, you acknowledge that the Company and/or the Service Recipient (or former service recipient, as applicable) may be required to withhold or account for Tax Liability in more than one jurisdiction.
(b) Prior to any relevant taxable or tax withholding event, as applicable, you agree to make adequate arrangements satisfactory to the Company and/or the Service Recipient to satisfy all Tax Liability. As further provided in Section 8 of the Plan, you hereby authorize the Company and any applicable Service Recipient to satisfy any applicable withholding obligations with regard to the Tax Liability by one or a combination of the following methods: (i) causing you to pay any portion of the Tax Liability in cash or cash equivalent in a form acceptable to the Company and/or the Service Recipient; (ii) withholding from any compensation otherwise payable to you by the Company or the Service Recipient; (iii) withholding from the proceeds of the sale of shares of Common Stock issued upon exercise of the Option (including by means of a “cashless exercise” pursuant to a program developed under Regulation T as promulgated by the Federal Reserve Board to the extent permitted by the Company, or by means of the Company acting as your agent to sell sufficient shares of Common Stock for the proceeds to satisfy such withholding requirements, on your behalf pursuant to this authorization without further consent); (iv) withholding shares of Common Stock otherwise issuable to you upon the exercise of the Option, provided, however, that to the extent necessary to qualify for an exemption from application of Section 16(b) of the Exchange Act, if applicable, such share withholding procedure will be subject to the express prior approval of the Board or the Company’s Compensation Committee; and/or (v) any other method determined by the Company to be in compliance with Applicable Law. Furthermore, you agree to pay or reimburse the Company or the Service Recipient any amount the Company or the Service Recipient may be required to withhold, collect or pay as a result of your participation in the Plan or that cannot be satisfied by the means previously described. In the event it is determined that the amount of the Tax Liability was greater than the amount withheld by the Company and/or the Service Recipient (as applicable), you agree to indemnify and hold the Company and/or the Service Recipient (as applicable) harmless from any failure by the Company or the applicable Service Recipient to withhold the proper amount.
(c) The Company and/or the Service Recipient may withhold or account for your Tax Liability by considering statutory withholding amounts or other withholding rates applicable in your jurisdiction(s), including (i) maximum applicable rates in your jurisdiction(s). In the event of over-withholding, you may receive a refund of any over-withheld amount in cash from the Company or the Service Recipient (with no entitlement to the Common Stock equivalent), or if not refunded, you may seek a refund from the local tax authorities. In the event of under-withholding, you may be required to pay any Tax Liability directly to the applicable tax authority or to the Company and/or the Service Recipient. If the Tax Liability withholding obligation is satisfied by withholding shares of Common Stock, for tax purposes, you are deemed to have been issued the full number of shares of Common Stock subject to the exercised portion of the Option, notwithstanding that a number of the shares of Common Stock is held back solely for the purpose of paying such Tax Liability.
(d) You acknowledge that you may not be able to exercise your Option even though the Option is vested, and that the Company shall have no obligation to issue or deliver shares of Common Stock until you have fully satisfied any applicable Tax Liability, as determined by the Company. Unless any withholding obligation for the Tax Liability is satisfied, the Company shall have no obligation to issue or deliver to you any Common Stock in respect of the Option.
5. Incentive Stock Option Disposition Requirement. If your option is an Incentive Stock Option, you must notify the Company in writing within 15 days after the date of any disposition of any of the shares of the Common Stock issued upon exercise of your option that occurs within two years after the date of your option grant or within one year after such shares of Common Stock are transferred upon exercise of your option.
6. Nature of Grant. In accepting the Option, you acknowledge, understand and agree that:
(a) the Plan is established voluntarily by the Company, it is discretionary in nature and it may be modified, amended, suspended or terminated by the Company at any time, to the extent permitted by the Plan;
(b) the grant of the Option is exceptional, voluntary and occasional and does not create any contractual or other right to receive future grants of Options, or benefits in lieu of Options, even if Options have been granted in the past;
(c) all decisions with respect to future Options or other grants, if any, will be at the sole discretion of the Company;
(d) the Option and your participation in the Plan shall not create a right to employment or other service relationship with the Company;
(e) the Option and your participation in the Plan shall not be interpreted as forming or amending an employment or service contract with the Company or the Service Recipient, and shall not interfere with the ability of the Company or the Service Recipient, as applicable, to terminate your Continuous Service (if any);
(f) you are voluntarily participating in the Plan;
(g) the Option and the shares of Common Stock subject to the Option, and the income from and value of same, are not intended to replace any pension rights or compensation;
(h) the Option and the shares of Common Stock subject to the Option, and the income from and value of same, are not part of normal or expected compensation for purposes of, including but not limited to, calculating any severance, resignation, termination, redundancy, dismissal, end-of-service payments, bonuses, holiday pay, long-service awards, pension or retirement or welfare benefits or similar payments;
(i) unless otherwise agreed with the Company in writing, the Option and the shares of Common Stock subject to the Option, and the income from and value of same, are not granted as consideration for, or in connection with, the service you may provide as a director of an Affiliate;
(j) the future value of the underlying shares of Common Stock is unknown, indeterminable and cannot be predicted with certainty;
(k) if the underlying shares of Common Stock do not increase in value after the grant date, the Option will have no value;
(l) if you exercise the Option and acquire shares of Common Stock, the value of such shares of Common Stock may increase or decrease in value, even below the exercise price;
(m) no claim or entitlement to compensation or damages shall arise from forfeiture of the Option resulting from the termination of your Continuous Service (for any reason whatsoever, whether or not later found to be invalid or in breach of employment laws in the jurisdiction where you are providing service or the terms of your employment or other service agreement, if any);
(n) for purposes of the Option, your Continuous Service will be considered terminated as of the date you are no longer actively providing services to the Company or any Affiliate (regardless of the reason for such termination and whether or not later found to be invalid or in breach of employment laws in the jurisdiction where you are providing service or the terms of your employment or other service agreement, if any), and such date will not be extended by any notice period (e.g., your period of Continuous Service would not include any contractual notice period or any period of “garden leave” or similar period mandated under employment laws in the jurisdiction where you are providing service or the terms of your employment or other service agreement, if any); the Compensation Committee shall have the exclusive discretion to determine when you are no longer actively providing services for purposes of your Option (including whether you may still be considered to be providing services while on a leave of absence); and
(o) neither the Company nor the Service Recipient shall be liable for any foreign exchange rate fluctuation between your local currency and the United States Dollar that may affect the value of the Option or of any amounts due to you pursuant to exercise of the Option or the subsequent sale of any shares of Common Stock acquired upon exercise.
7. Transferability. Except as otherwise provided in the Plan, your Option is not transferable, except by will or by the applicable laws of descent and distribution, and is exercisable during your life only by you.
8. Corporate Transaction. Your Option is subject to the terms of any agreement governing a Corporate Transaction involving the Company, including, without limitation, a provision for the appointment of a stockholder representative that is authorized to act on your behalf with respect to any escrow, indemnities and any contingent consideration.
9. No Liability for Taxes. As a condition to accepting the Option, you hereby (a) agree to not make any claim against the Company, or any of its Officers, Directors, Employees or Affiliates related to any Tax Liability arising from the Option and (b) acknowledge that you were advised to consult with your own personal tax, financial and other legal advisors regarding the tax consequences of the Option and have either done so or knowingly and voluntarily declined to do so. Additionally, you acknowledge that the Option is exempt from Section 409A only if the exercise price is at least equal to the “fair market value” of the Common Stock on the date of grant as determined by the Internal Revenue Service and there is no other impermissible deferral of compensation associated with the Option. Additionally, as a condition to accepting the Option, you agree not make any claim against the Company, or any of its Officers, Directors, Employees or Affiliates in the event that the Internal Revenue Service asserts that such exercise is less than the “fair market value” of the Common Stock on the date of grant as subsequently determined by the Internal Revenue Service.
10. Obligations; Recoupment. You hereby acknowledge that the grant of your Option is additional consideration for any obligations (whether during or after employment) that you have to the Company not to compete, not to solicit its customers, clients or employees, not to disclose or misuse confidential information or similar obligations. Accordingly, if the Company reasonably determines that you breached such obligations, in addition to any other available remedy, the Company may, to the extent permitted by Applicable Law, recoup any income realized by you with respect to the exercise of your Option within two years of such breach. In addition, to the extent permitted by Applicable Law, this right to recoupment by the Company applies in the event that your employment is terminated for Cause or if the Company reasonably determines that circumstances existed that it could have terminated your employment for Cause.
11. No Advice Regarding Grant. The Company is not providing any tax, legal or financial advice, nor is the Company making any recommendations regarding your participation in the Plan, or your acquisition or sale of the underlying shares of Common Stock. You should consult with your own personal tax, legal and financial advisors regarding your participation in the Plan before taking any action related to the Plan.
12. Governing Law and Venue. The Option and the provisions of this Agreement are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the internal laws of the State of Delaware, without regard to the conflict of law principles that would result in any application of any law other than the law of the State of Delaware. For purposes of any action, lawsuit or other proceedings brought to enforce this Agreement, relating to it, or arising from it, the parties hereby submit to and consent to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Delaware, and no other courts, where this grant is made and/or to be performed.
13. Severability. If any part of this Option Agreement or the Plan is declared by any court or governmental authority to be unlawful or invalid, such unlawfulness or invalidity will not invalidate any portion of this Option Agreement or the Plan not declared to be unlawful or invalid. Any Section of this Option Agreement (or part of such a Section) so declared to be unlawful or invalid will, if possible, be construed in a manner which will give effect to the terms of such Section or part of a Section to the fullest extent possible while remaining lawful and valid.
14. Indebtedness to the company. In the event that you have any loans, draws, advances or any other indebtedness owing to the Company at the time of exercise of all or a portion of the Option, the Company may deduct and not deliver that number of shares of Common Stock with a Fair Market Value subject to the Option equal to such indebtedness to satisfy all or a portion of such indebtedness, to the extent permitted by law and in a manner consistent with Section 409A of the Code, if applicable.
15. Compliance with Law. Notwithstanding any other provision of the Plan or this Agreement, unless there is an exemption from any registration, qualification or other legal requirement applicable to the shares of Common Stock, the Company shall not be required to deliver any shares issuable upon exercise of the Option prior to the completion of any registration or qualification of the shares under any local, state, federal or foreign securities or exchange control law or under rulings or regulations of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) or of any other governmental regulatory body, or prior to obtaining any approval or other clearance from any local, state, federal or foreign governmental agency, which registration, qualification or approval the Company shall, in its absolute discretion, deem necessary or advisable. You understand that the Company is under no obligation to register or qualify the shares with the SEC or any state or foreign securities commission or to seek approval or clearance from any governmental authority for the issuance or sale of the shares. Further, you agree that the Company shall have unilateral authority to amend the Agreement without your consent to the extent necessary to comply with securities or other laws applicable to issuance of shares of Common Stock.
16. Language. You acknowledge that you are proficient in the English language, or have consulted with an advisor who is proficient in the English language, so as to enable you to understand the provisions of this Agreement and the Plan. If you have received this Agreement or any other document related to the Plan translated into a language other than English and if the meaning of the translated version is different than the English version, the English version will control.
17. Electronic Delivery and Participation. The Company may, in its sole discretion, decide to deliver any documents related to current or future participation in the Plan by electronic means. You hereby consent to receive such documents by electronic delivery and agree to participate in the Plan through an online or electronic system established and maintained by the Company or a third party designated by the Company.
18. Severability. The provisions of this Agreement are severable and if any one or more provisions are determined to be illegal or otherwise unenforceable, in whole or in part, the remaining provisions shall nevertheless be binding and enforceable.
19. Appendix. Notwithstanding any provisions in this Option Agreement, the Option shall be subject to any additional terms and conditions set forth in any Appendix for your country. Moreover, if you relocate to one of the countries included in the Appendix, the additional terms and conditions for such country will apply to you, to the extent the Company determines that the application of such terms and conditions is necessary or advisable for legal or administrative reasons. The Appendix constitutes part of this Agreement.
20. Imposition of Other Requirement. The Company reserves the right to impose other requirements on your participation in the Plan, on the Option and on any shares of Common Stock acquired under the Plan, to the extent the Company determines it is necessary or advisable for legal or administrative reasons, and to require you to sign any additional agreements or undertakings that may be necessary to accomplish the foregoing.
21. Waiver. You acknowledge that a waiver by the Company of breach of any provision of this Agreement shall not operate or be construed as a waiver of any other provision of this Agreement, or of any subsequent breach by you or any other participant.
22. Insider Trading/Market Abuse. You acknowledge that, depending on your or your broker’s country or where the Company shares are listed, you may be subject to insider trading restrictions and/or market abuse laws which may affect your ability to accept, acquire, sell or otherwise dispose of shares of Common Stock, rights to shares (e.g., Options) or rights linked to the value of shares (e.g., phantom awards, futures) during such times you are considered to have “inside information” regarding the Company as defined in the laws or regulations in the applicable jurisdictions). Local insider trading laws and regulations may prohibit the cancellation or amendment of orders you placed before you possessed inside information. Furthermore, you could be prohibited from (i) disclosing the inside information to any third party (other than on a “need to know” basis) and (ii) “tipping” third parties or causing them otherwise to buy or sell securities. Keep in mind third parties includes fellow employees. Any restrictions under these laws or regulations are separate from and in addition to any restrictions that may be imposed under any applicable insider trading policy of the Company. You are responsible for complying with any restrictions and should speak to your personal advisor on this matter.
23. Exchange Control, Foreign Asset/Account and/or Tax Reporting. Depending upon the country to which laws you are subject, you may have certain foreign asset/account and/or tax reporting requirements that may affect your ability to acquire or hold shares of Common Stock under the Plan or cash received from participating in the Plan (including from any dividends or sale proceeds arising from the sale of shares of Common Stock) in a brokerage or bank account outside your country of residence. Your country may require that you report such accounts, assets or transactions to the applicable authorities in your country. You also may be required to repatriate cash received from participating in the Plan to your country within a certain period of time after receipt. You are responsible for knowledge of and compliance with any such regulations and should speak with your personal tax, legal and financial advisors regarding same.
24. Other Documents. You hereby acknowledge receipt of or the right to receive a document providing the information required by Rule 428(b)(1) promulgated under the Securities Act, which includes the Prospectus. In addition, you acknowledge receipt of the Company’s Trading Policy.
25. Questions. If you have questions regarding these or any other terms and conditions applicable to your Option, including a summary of the applicable federal income tax consequences please see the Prospectus.
* * * *
2021 Equity Incentive Plan
to Global Stock Option Agreement
Terms and Conditions
This Appendix forms part of the Agreement and includes additional terms and conditions that govern the Option granted to you under the Plan if you reside and/or work in one of the jurisdictions listed below. Capitalized terms used but not defined in this Appendix have the meanings set forth in the Plan and/or in the Global Stock Option Agreement.
If you are a citizen or resident (or are considered as such for local law purposes) of a country other than the country in which you are currently residing and/or working, or if you relocate to another country after the grant of the Option, the Company shall, in its discretion, determine to what extent the additional terms and conditions contained herein shall be applicable to you.
This Appendix may also include information regarding exchange controls and certain other issues of which you should be aware with respect to participation in the Plan. The information is based on the securities, exchange control, and other laws in effect in the respective countries as of January 2021. Such laws are often complex and change frequently. As a result, you should not rely on the information in this Appendix as the only source of information relating to the consequences of your participation in the Plan because the information may be out of date at the time you vest in or exercise the Option, acquire shares of Common Stock, or sell shares of Common Stock acquired under the Plan.
In addition, the information contained below is general in nature and may not apply to your particular situation. You should seek appropriate professional advice as to how the relevant laws in your country may apply to your situation.
If you are a citizen or resident (or are considered as such for local law purposes) of a country other than the country in which you are currently residing and/or working, or if you relocate to another country after the grant of the Option, the notifications herein may not apply to you in the same manner.